It's been five days since we got or semester results. After all the nail-biting and sleepless nights we finally knew our fate. Out of pure luck and no help from my dysfunctional, slow-to-react brain, i manage to scrap enough to stay here in LMC.
Phew. So it was worth it, the staying up until four a.m. and getting scolded by my boyfriend for doing so during our revision week. Last-minute study can't get you a 4-flat but it certainly does get your skin saved, so i've proven.
It's rather sad though to see some of my friends go tomorrow. Initially, we all thought it was impossible to fail and get kicked out from college. The reality really bites a chunk out of your heart when you find 2 Bs and a B- can only get you 2.90 for your GPA. Unlike in the olden days of high school gradings and semester exams, you pointer of less than 2.0 can really get you into trouble here.
I'm just grateful I'm not the one to lug my bags to the front gate tomorrow morning. Thinking back now, I just might have to break my promise to my friend to see her off tomorrow. I really don't think I can handle my emotions.
Well...
Now all that's left to do is to pick the courses to pursue and universities to pursue them in. Now I realise it's hard, learning something you like in Malaysia. My passion has always been and always will remain, writing. Naturally, I'd like to pursue a degree in journalism. Too bad that all the government higher learning institutes in Malaysia don't offer journalism.
Sigh.
I'd really like to establish myself as a freelance journalist. Maybe a carrier with some of the prestigious newspapers or magazines in Malaysia before that would be a great kickstart. The prospect of writing about the things I see and providing information for my would-be readers is something I've always envision since I fell in love with my first copy of Readers Digest, back in 1998. And since English has always been my field of specialty, writing comes naturally to me. Well, almost naturally.
Right now, my options are veterinary, language studies, biomedicine and business management. None of these actually appeal to me but i've decided that they'll provide me with a decent salary next time. Still, I don't feel the excitement of filling out the application forms as my friends do.
Perhaps in life, not everyone gets what they want. And that's not very fair is it?
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment